Monday, September 22, 2003

 
suspenseful's birth story: one of the most detailed and evocative I've read. sounds like all in all, things went pretty well for her. also sounds really, really scary!

ob/gyn appt with dh today; he asked about when we'd see the dr during labor, the answer being "when she's in strong labour", whatever that means.

baby was pronounced to be of normal, average size - I forgot to get my card out so I didn't get a fundal height this time - the midwife commented that those who put on weight fast at this stage often slow down in the final month (I'm up to 150lb!), and we established that although the hospital's overall caeasar rate is nearly 50 per cent !!!, my dr's own is seven per cent where labour is started spontaneously. feeling really surprisingly calm and confident about it all. sensible really; it's not like watching an approaching train, when there's a chance of escape; more like a tidal wave that will either drown me or not, there being no choice about the experience.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]