Sunday, September 21, 2003

 
that line people spout about how women in agricultural societies/the past just work in the fields until they go into labour, squat, deliver the baby and get on with it? it's bullshit. I'm sure no one works a shovel right up until term. and isn't the point of labour pains partly to get us to go find a safe place, like any mammal?

dh spread dirt today while I did a little raking and plant-sowing. it didn't take long for me to feel almost crippled with the stretching/ache across the belly. and all I wanted was to cocoon in a safe place (in this case, the bath).

next person who says anything to me about the "natural" thing of labouring (pun intended) right up to the birth gets a broadside about infant and maternal mortality rates and the idiocy of work/intellectually driven decisions overriding our animal needs.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]