Thursday, October 23, 2003

 
due date: 3 November.
Current date: 23 October. so technically 11 days to go. floating around on my hormone cloud vaguely rearranging the garden and doing washing, it seems bizarre that all hell (ie labour) could break loose any minute. a few days back it felt close; now it feels like it's receded a bit. and pg brain is definitely here; I see I've already posted about dr being away from 13th. will take dh to the due-date appt if I make it that far, to talk strategy etc.
now have second names too, so I can talk to the baby by its name(s).
kicks have slowed down a bit; they now seem more like slow rolls. I think that's pretty normal as space runs out. and they happen frequently enough (when I pay attention) that I'm not worried. although it has occured to me that like a plane flight, takeoff and landing are the most dangerous parts of this process.

this morning I woke up and needed to urinate. nothing new there. but I noticed in my sleepy state that I knew in my mind what I needed, but there was a separate channel of feeling that felt what I needed in my body. does that make sense? anyway, the thing I'll need to do in labour is tap into that feeling channel, just use the thinking part to remind me of my breathing/exercises - which is dh's job anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]