Saturday, October 25, 2003

 
how lazy am I? can't be bothered posting anything original, will just recycle bits from my latest email to friends/bulletin board posting:

dh is having a Saturday morning sleep in - little does he realise it could be his last for 12 years or so, until the little darling develops teenage sleep patterns. and then of course we'll be up late worrying about him/her...

my other pre-baby obsession has been movies - saw Intolerable Cruelty last night, pretty funny if not as "deep" as the normal Coen Bros film. and yes, baby hiccups and leaps when I sit still. sometime the hiccups feel like morse code: L-E-T M-E O-U-T!

when dh wakes up we have to go test drive yet another car. not all that much fun doing the corners/bumps/brake tests with a belly this size, I can tell you. (I have a towel in my car, but too embarrassed to take one to test drives - just hoping nothing happens!)

email:

what, no gory details? I thought I'd start with the waters breaking and move on minute-by-minute from there right through to the episiotomy...

no, nothing's happened yet. official due date is Monday week, but we're trying not to fixate on an arbitrary date. baby is fine, I'm fine (albeit now restricted to slip-on shoes as I can't tie my laces any more!) and most of the busy-work of buying stuff and unpacking boxes is done, at least as far as I can go in my present state, whch is not only huge, but full of those very pacifying pregnancy hormones. I hardly recognise myself. All I'm doing is wandering about the house, reading, napping (on dr's orders of course) and being taken for slightly alarming car test drives by (dh), whose job it is to find the new car. and swimming, yes, three times a week - being in the water is my favourite thing right now. our birth backup person's job is to take photographs (digital and still) so you will be kept fully up to date - I'm looking for a free photo hosting place as the in-laws are in Sydney (though MIL will be on the first flight down of course).


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]