Wednesday, October 01, 2003

 
last night, dh asked if I chat to pregnant women I notice at the market etc. I said no, not really, unless something happens to break the ice.
so when I was waiting to come down in the incredibly slow lift at the 7th floor medical suites today (went in to learn how to use a TENS machine), I said to another pg woman as we got in, "they're really slow lifts but it's not like we have the option of using the stairs, is it?".
and her face kind of twisted a bit and I thought oops. and she said "I could throw myself down ... at this point." to which I said "oh, sorry", and faced the lift doors. by the time I got into the car I was almost in tears (again: Big Talk to dh this morning about his neglect of his physical duties towards me, ie cuddles and training for the supposed relaxing touch stuff during labor).
I saw her drive off in a very nice, expensive station wagon. Was she not happy to be pregnant? Was there a problem with the baby? Did she just have something else on her mind. Whatever it was, I wanted to chase after her and say: "You know, you have just upset me horribly. I'm sorry if I disturbed you; can I do anything to make you feel better?"

but that would no doubt only have made it worse. so I s'pose I'll keep my mouth shut in future.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]