Friday, October 17, 2003

 
not feeling much urge to blog. then again, not feeling much urge to do anything. took a friend to visit a mutual friend (more hers than mine) with a 9-week-old today, and was much encouraged by the clean state of her house, the relaxed, funky and mostly physically recovered state of the mother, and the fact she breastfed with hardly a problem. so it can be done.

tonight's agenda with dh: name the baby!

my TENS machine has arrived; they delivered it to the wrong house, but I retrieved it from the doorstep. now the bags are 90 per cent packed and the last minute chuck-ins are on a list. the nursery wall has acquired more fish stickers. things still need assembling, but dh and I will do that over the weekend.

while worrying about labour - which I don't do too much of, considering - I realised that the poor little baby will have such a hard time too, getting squashed down there. you're supposed to talk to it during labour. I hope I remember, and that dh and the support person will be able to keep me feeling safe enough to do that kind of thing unselfconsciously.

dh home soon. better go do wifely things like shower and cook.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]