Thursday, October 09, 2003

 
so the shopping drought is well and truly broken. I have just negotiated a small discount and officially paid for: a 3-wheel stroller. a carry/pram insert to go in it. a "travel cot". several sheepskins for different purposes. a change table. several sets of cot sheets. random pram toys. a full-size new cot recommended by the Consumers' Association. and so on. should all be delievered next week. it was actually a most fun - being a weekday I managed to do a circuit of the shop, tally up my purchases and get an assistant's almost full attention for an hour to sort out all my issues and the discount and delivery. tomorrow I am going to the other baby stuff store to return a non-fitting mattress, buy an alarm (dh can keep the non-alarm monitor he bought), then I will be almost DONE! am reserving a few fun things, like a play arch and a cot mobile, for friends and rellos to buy. and I suppose at some stage I have to organise the nappy service. and now I have lots more sheets etc to wash. but it feels good to have it all under control; except the bit about getting dh to assemble all this junk when it arrives, plus the car carrier. oh, and we have yet to get our new car. still, it's well on the way no

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]