Thursday, November 20, 2003

 
he's having a long early evening sleep, for which I'll pay later, I guess.

quickly, more hospital notes:

Friday, 2 days old: dozing in hospital, feeling the start of that satisfaction of being able to feed my baby with my body, the bizarre idea the midwives have that I should be able to be lucid at any time, let alone 2 am!

while everyone tells me to rest.

for now, a shower is a fine thing. how long before I want to be "normal" again? no need now, still his first bath to do today.

yesterday - I was still drugged up, less than 24 hours out of surgery. can't believe we actually received visitors.

in the evening - dh has gone home to sleep tonight - he was throwing up and exhausted - and I'm not alone in this room, but I feel alone, in a good way - A. is still a part of me.

Monday, coming home: who needs rollercoasters and thrillseeking sports - nothing compared to the white-knuckle terror of putting your 5 day old baby in a car and driving home in city traffic. what a bizarre thing to do. and already he's getting a sucking mark on his lip, a tiny spot or 2 - he's no longer perfect. but he still is, of course.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]