Tuesday, November 11, 2003

 
MAJOR in-law whinge: dh rang his mother last night. I overheard him telling someone - I thought her - that my cx was 1cm. hmmm. later spoke to her and was suitably vague about "things happening, soon, soon" etc. (they're interstate and will have to fly down when baby is born)
then while we were watching a video, the phone rang. it was SIL. didn't pick up, but at about 2am, between gasping, crouching and taking long baths and panadol, I checked the message. it was all about how excited she was that "I'd started" and so on. grrr. about 3.30 dh got up and I did have a stern talk to him about our - my! - personal space and my cx being the subject of gossip. turns out it was his FATHER who asked about it! and then MIL rang SIL, who will no doubt tell her girlfriend and the people at the fruit stall I go to where she works about the state of my privates!
then, after a fairly horrid night, just as it seemed the contractions were settling in at 15 minutes, the phone rang again. exactly 12 hours after her last call, SIL was ringing again. she got the machine, then rang dh's mobile. the first thing she asked him was how dilated I am! he was trying to say things to her about me not wanting to go into that, but then was promising her updates: I was on the verge of just grabbing the phone off him and finally saying what I think. instead I said fairly loudly that we wouldn't be and that he should tell her to stop calling. he wandered off and was on the phone for another 5, leaving me fuming. goddam it, what am I, a battery hen? talk about pressure to produce. and of course now the contractions that bugged me all night. have stopped dead. I wonder why.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]