Thursday, November 20, 2003

 
of course it's not easy not getting much sleep and of course it's weird that he is now supposedly doing the housework and I'm supposed to "let go".
but dh has burned me off with some really hard looks and comments the last couple of days and I'm too fragile - I'm sleeping much less than him - to cope with it.
but I also realise that now there is no question of ever breaking up with him, because presumably he'd have the right to take A. part of the time. and that can never happen. sigh

the sleep thing: A. slep from 11 to 7.45, with a 2-hour feed and change break. not bad, really, but I keep waking up every 90 minutes to check on him. and dh imagined a noise at 6.45 am, just as I was working up to a 3-hour sleep and woke me to ask if someone was at the door!

they say dogs, or is it cats? sleep with half their brain at a time. well, I can only sleep with the bit not devoted to baby right now - and that's not very much at all.

trying to get some pix ftpd to a Web site so I can point to them... getting around to calling the old, neglected but dear friends and "second line" friends and telling them. still haven't unpacked Monday's bags from hospital.

the baby is still the most incredible creature in the universe. even when he vomits all over my shoulder and then with a swift one-two, wipes it all into his dear little eyes. my God, didn't I freak out? what will I do the first time he's ill? what wouldn't I do for him? this has only taken a week...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]