Friday, November 07, 2003

 
still here.
however
at the mil's birthday dinner last night the bh's became more like period cramps and I was most uncomfortable - difficult to keep the chitchat up under those circs. we left before dessert - the fact that it was at a nice restaurant only made it worse, all that sitting up straight. plus the waitress chose to share way too much information about her own going-into-labor with the whole table, which I found slightly embarrassing. FIL is a bit straight for all that.
and last night around 10 I began spotting blood, just a little. small cramps - just over the border between discomfort and pain - until about 2 am, so my sleep was broken up into tiny chunks. but I did try to rest.

this morning got dh to help me finish sorting out bags/house/baby carrier into car and sent him off to work. received one visit from my brother but cancelled others that were vaguely scheduled. let birth helper know that there's an outside chance of things moving soon. rang ob/gyn's rooms. his midwife is off work, but he took my call - I think it was because I mentioned "40 weeks and 4 days" and "bleeding" that got the receptionist to decide it was worth bothering with - gave him the rundown (was concerned about whether I'd need an anti-D shot - sure the rest is normal), and he said no shot needed, but it sounds like something's going to happen.

no real change today; cramps are gentler/less frequent if anything. but it's a very good sign that I might go naturally. also a bit terrifying, of course.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]