Monday, November 17, 2003

 
that he's (as you can see) forcing me to live in the moment. and that I like it. I know this time with my first baby will never be again.

that now I understand why I wanted to do this. I guess I knew there was something...and this is what it is.

that I babble to him when he's feeding about the big wide world out there, and how cute his nose is too.

that Lord, I'd love a good night's sleep - and know I won't get it.

that time is now precious, but also that there are a lot of irrelevancies in life that can be dumped to make time for him and the things that actually matter.

that I am so lucky to have this lovely house, the time to really focus on him, all these useful baby things (he's sleeping in the pram beside me, so I don't have to worry about the dog licking him, the baby monitor let me move around while he slept - small, helpful things)

that quite possibly this is the best week of my entire life, past and future.

I thought the pg hormones were meant to wear off and yes, I've cried once or twice from tiredness and when I felt dh might be not supporting me (of course he's been wonderful), but there is something else going on here - something deep down in my body and soul.

that probably there is no way to say all this that will get it across to anyone who hasn't been here.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]