Tuesday, December 02, 2003

 
after a sooky/chucky morning in which I got nothing done but his bath, total nap time so far: 2 1/2 hours.
my time in bed beside him: 1 hr 45
my actual sleep time: 15 minutes.

this will drive me crazy. I used to be able to nap for anything from 30 to 90 minutes if I caught the right time of the afternoon. today it was the neighbours' annoying dog barking at thunder that woke me, but it's a pattern of overall sleeping difficulty that I don't like. I never have slept well, but when I'm lucky to get 5 hours a night, naps are not an optional extra...

this site has some advice, but I need to get serious about it. Valerian isn't really OK or not OK, it seems, so I'll have to skip that. I guess I need to start by giving up tea and chocolate altogether. I also need to make sure I eat more in the evenings, I think. a few years back I did hypnotherapy and took some serious herbal concoctions mixed up for me by a naturopath, but time and bf rule both those out now.

getting quite ratty with dh. asked him this morning if he could possibly get that video we've been talking about for months in the next couple of days. he said he'd need a half day to go shopping for it! like we have time for that now. so I said I'd just go buy one myself, which of course made him go all thingy on me. I mean, I asked nicely. and he has had MONTHS to do this. notice he's had lots of time to "research" big TV screens and still cameras. my folks took their video back 8 days ago and I want to get more tape of A's newborn reflexes - that cute throw-the-arms-up startle and his little stepping motions - before they go. dh just isn't good at fast decisions, and this is not something I can wait for. so my choices are: nag him and get the cold shoulder. or just buy one online and get told off. double sigh.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]