Wednesday, December 03, 2003

 
eeergh. blaah. yes, last night his Beetleness decided to be awake from midnight to 3am. whether it was a plus or a minus that this meant I got to witness one of the heaviest and most dramatic electrical/rain/hailstorms in living memory is debatable. and no, I don't think it was the weather keeping him awake. it was 3 nappy changes, a crying jag and a big vomit. what a great time to be giving up caffeine. so I'm feeling doubly blah today - but lack of a morning cup of tea did seem to allow me to sleep for 15 minutes at 11am, when I'd normally be wide awake. strangely, I think sleepiness this is good, not bad.

more perspective: a work friend rang to chew over with me (syntax? huh? wassthat? too sleepy to remember I used to write for a living!) the pressure she's under to be induced. she did the same hippy birth class as me, and is now 41 weeks and a bit, in the public system. there are no signs at all of natural labour commencing. she's starting to be very scared and disappointed - she was so counting on going naturally, and now a caesar is looking more likely than that. so I made all the right "it's not so bad" noises and encouraged her to still hope it would be OK - and thought that hey, at least I went into labour and had a go at it. it would be so weird for just nothing to have happened.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]