Friday, December 26, 2003

 
a little pregnant is making good wishes for Christmas. add your prayers to Santa to hers; it's all true.

at a bbq on Christmas Eve I was talking to another mother and took her over to see A, whom dh was holding.

the woman sitting next to dh, a friend's neighbour, then told the other mother that her overseas adoption had been approved; they've been allocated a baby who is six months, and will get her six months from now, from India (her husband is Indian, which will help). so of course I offered warm congratulations and did my level best not to say anything stupid. I think I did OK. but it confirmed my gut feeling, when talking to her and another childless woman earlier, that smugness about having a baby is just plain wrong. I did decide it would be dumb to mention IVF at that point, too. when we went to see the IVF dr last week (she wasnt' in, try again later), I sent dh in to the office while I lurked outside, because there was a couple sitting in the waiting area; and I feel so guilty being so lucky, when I know that clinic is still crawling with people ttc.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]