Monday, December 15, 2003

 
well, we did it: we drove a 250 k return trip to visit my parents and see my nephew's baby girl. and nothing exploded, including me. sure, there were some hairy moments, and A. was pretty grumpy by the time we got home. but for most of the way he slept, he didn't carry on too much at the folks' place, he got handed around his cousins (and I got to hold his second cousin, who is amazingly light, yet the same weight A. was when he was born).

so it can be done. today I'm half-ready to go out to a toyshop to complete the Christmas shopping (bar dh's present - who knows what I'll get him). but meanwhile, A. is sleeping beautifully and I'm not waking him to put him in the car. getting the shopping done AND giving him his bath AND hanging out/bringing in the washing will be too much to ask of one day, though. the only way I'd do that is to skip my pm nap, and things get ugly if I do that.

his eyes are a bit irritated. so I'm expressing milk to drop into them; the nurse said "just squirt it in", but more ends up on his hair than his eyes that way. if that doesn't work, it's off to the dr. don't like the idea of medication for him, poor little sweetie.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]