Friday, January 09, 2004

 
I went to Google looking for something I saw on the news. I typed in "miscarriage cure monash medical centre" and it asked me "Did you mean: miscarriage cause monash medical centre".

the first time it's ever corrected me on anything other than simple spelling.

but in the spirit of getupgrrl I'd like to ask: excuse me? so it's a protein deficiency? or there is some woman-related cause? so you LIED to all those women when you said "it's just that the emby would never have developed properly anyway?" (translation: you needn't grieve over a defective baby, it would never have worked out).

the more I know about this stuff, the more I think implantation and maintaining pregnancy has been neglected somewhat and needs a better focus. getting pregnant's one thing. staying that way can be damn hard work too.

reading that article, it looks like it's all about the immune system again. I wonder if I can thank baby aspirin for my baby?

(a friend of a friend is on her second, last cycle in her early 40s. her "dh" (not so d, I think) put off kids until it came to this. last cycle was a fizzer. send her sticky thoughts via me.) then again, the other day I met on the phone a woman who got pg accidentally at 46 and now has a 2-year-old. don't you hate that?

the ob/gyn at first said I wouldn't be needing to worry about contraception, then agreed that heaps of women get surprise babies after ivf. or was he referring to my admission that we have not had intercourse yet? though he replied "no sex" and I didn't correct him. we've actually had sex twice, just not in any potentially babymaking way.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]