Wednesday, January 14, 2004

 
OK, so I told him I'd be short of temper by last night. he knew I'd had not enough sleep and was feeling very fragile. I asked him, nicely, if I could possibly have half an hour at bedtime for a bath so I could try to tune out and SLEEP. and yes, he did cook dinner (while I did other housework).

so when he a) took a 25 minute phone call from his mother at 9pm that seemed to be mostly about the weather where she is and while he was doing that, b) sent a text msg inviting his SIL, whom he knows I have personal boundary issues with, over to pick up her holiday photos, and went on to keep talking to his mother while SIL got in my face, literally (why was it necessary to squat next to my chair, face 2 ft from my exposed breast??), so that I found it necessary to tell her I couldn't talk to her and so that the dishes and general dinner preparation hadn't happened by 9.30 pm, was it unreasonable of me to object?

was it in fact unreasonable of me, at 11:30 pm, after doing said dishes, getting my own goddam hot drink, turning the hoses off and changing the final nappy, to completely lose it in ways I won't describe here? and was it fair of him to tell me (after I'd said I needed to be in control of who got in my face in my own home), that this was his house too and he'd invite his sister over when he like?

and this morning, after 1.5 hours of sleep followed by two more blocks of same, should I have been a ray of sunshine? no, I am a walking zombie. I have nothing to give him, or his family. I barely have enough to raise a smile at A.

these are rhetorical q's, you understand. my comments seem to be broken anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]