Thursday, January 29, 2004

 
so the paed. says it's a reaction to proteins in my diet. meaning I need to cut out: milk and anything milk-based (not sure if goats products are OK, must check), nuts of all kinds, soy, eggs...

wheat is another possible suspect. sigh. double-sigh. I also need to express and chuck the first 10 ml of every feed; another thing to do while A. cries for his yummies. it should take 5-7 days for things - ie, the state of his bowels - to pick up. of course, some people's babies poo 12 times a day. so one should be grateful. off to research this diet now, but it seems like I'm on meat, potatotes and rice milk for a while.

(A. put on a crying show in the paed's office, because I only squeezed a 1/2 hour nap out of him this morning. really have to crack this nap thing; he's so happy when he sleeps well, and so NOT when he doesn't. the sight of the dignified 50-something paed whispering "burned bum, burned bum" to my baby while he examined him would have been funny if it didn't bring home to me how little I know about communicating with babies.)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]