Wednesday, February 25, 2004

 
baby stuff: where does it come from?

have just finished yet another session of sorting out things that mysteriously arrived in our house in placcy bags around the time A. was born. more T-shirts, a MILLION hats, a few rattles, yada yada. no aqua nappies, unfortunately - and as the Baby Target girl lied to me last month when she said on the phone that they had them, I wasted a morning going up there looking for them. my going-out tolerance is still very low. by the time I got him in the car, drove to Preston, got him out (with pram), cruised Baby Target and then got him back in, I was too tired to go to another store looking for nappies/sunglasses for him for our proposed beach trip. I did start out to the other store, but realised I was so vague and hungry I was actually dangerous, and headed home.

dh whinge: six weeks ago I researched, booked and paid a deposit on a little beach house for five nights for him, me, A. and the dog. since then I've been planning what to take, what I have to do here (cancel papers etc). last night dh told me that as he hadn't put in his leave form and something else has come up, he may not be able to go. I have been fantasising about being on the beach with A., taking him for walks in the forest, etc. no, it can't wait until next year. he won't be four months old next year. and the weather is about to turn, so don't want to put it off either - the beach in the rain is not what I imagined. I am really hurt that dh couldn't be bothered doing his tiny bit to make it happen, especially when I was so good about him going off on his work trip. seriously considering going by myself, which would be very sad of course.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]