Tuesday, February 24, 2004

 
every time I think I have the sleep thing going OK, I lose it again. yesterday the pm nap was going well; baby asleep, mummy into a deep sleep and boom! he's awake and crying. for the first time I felt that impulse they warn you about - not a conscious "I'll do something" thought, but a surge of something, not anger either, that says this noise must be stopped because my body needs sleep. fortunately of course (most of us) have a counterveiling impulse to react in horror at the slightest hint of danger to our babies. so he went into the cot while I lay on the bed with my hands over my ears, half-sobbing with exhaustion. I got better once I was fully awake, but it wasn't pretty. and today I have a sick headache caused by back pain caused by baby-carrying. physio Thursday (another appt at which dh must cover for me - he tried the bottle for 1/2 an hour last night, nothing.)

this is a particularly whingy post. as they say on S & C, "whatcha gonna do"?

(and OT: it's just started in australia. now I have to spend three months avoiding finding out What Happens. I assume that link above would reveal same, so I haven't actually gone to the site.)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]