Thursday, February 19, 2004

 
GOOD BABY!!!

he went to sleep at 8. cried at 9ish when I went to bed and again at some stage during the night, but I settled him again. then, just before dawn, maybe around 5.30 am, he woke for his feed. this is very, very nearly "sleeping through", isn't it?

even better: he went back down at 7 and so did I - caught another 1/2 hour of zzzs. now I merely feel tired, not completely wrecked. tired is good.

as I sort of suspected, I'm actually achieving more with dh away than when he's here. the lack of choice on nap time (which I only get on weekends anyway) isn't great, and I'd love a swim or a bike ride, but otherwise we're OK. so far. last night I even got into the garden and planted some plants dating from before A was born. oh, and swept the front porch while A. was having his settling sook around 8. I think I need to limit my Web surfing to once a day - that lovely autumn weather isn't far off and the garden could really use my attention.

now if we can only make nights like last night standard, not exceptional, I'll be such a happy mum. looking forward to this morning's catchup with work colleagues. don't know either of them very well, but we work in the same job, same company and have small babies. expect none of us will draw breath for 90 minutes.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]