Wednesday, March 03, 2004

 
been thinking about the going back to work thing. and I wonder if those women who say it's to stop them going brain-dead are actually hoping they'll only be giving up the tedious bits of child raising. if they realise they'll also cut back the amount of baby fun they have?
I also know my own all-or-nothing tendencies well enough that if I start acting as if some bits are optional, start pushing him away, I could get very selfish. much better to say this is my job, all of it, all at once.

feeling stressed today; THREE feeds last night sent my cold recovery backwards, and I have a huge backlog of dumb chores and calls (including calls to work about arrangements for going back) to make, none of which I feel like doing. oh, and dh may or may not need to go to Hong Kong for six months for work. so I can't make any work commitments/arrangments anyway, and may have to gear up for a move, complete with housesitting/dogsitting etc at this end, at very short notice. may I scream now?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]