Friday, March 26, 2004

 
FOUR, count 'em, FOUR feeds between the time I went to sleep at 10 pm and when I checked the clock at 4 am. Four. and another at 6.30 am, of course. this is insane. ridiculous. the last time he only woke once was 14 days ago, and that was unusual. two is bad, three horrid, but four is intolerable. dh reacted to my renewed entreaties this morning to get serious about bottle/formula feeding with a royal display of defensiveness (claiming that the fact I've managed to keep the house clean and not be hysterical consituted a "mixed message" about how important the bottle feeding = sleeping through project was). so I'm damn well teaching the baby to take a bottle myself, on top of trying to get enough sleep, keep the house in order, make sure we have food, etc. I really have no interest in even speaking to him right now. why should I have energy for him if he thinks his one-hour lunches are important enough to justify maintaining his 7pm arrival at home? I am so tired.

we've got soy formula, and as A. will not touch the bottle when he's hungry, I'm trying something new: giving the bottle afterwards, letting him play around with it. he does seem to know it's meant to go in his mouth, he just hasn't got the hang of sucking on it yet.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]