Thursday, March 25, 2004

 
this is the thing: these frequent night wakings, and now the shorter naps, seem to have got me to the point where, just sometimes, I resent him. maybe the idea that some work I would have quite liked to do will probably also have to go by the board is also having an effect.

I'm not proud of it. I know it's not his fault and he has little distinction between "need" and "want" at 4 1/2 months. but knowing he doesn't really, really NEED those three feeds a night, that many babies can "sleep through" by now, makes it seem a little less tolerable. am keeping on dh's case to get A. taking formula from a bottle so we can get me some good Saturday night sleeps, so we can try filling him up at night during the week, and maybe so I can, one day, leave A. with someone, anyone, for more than 2 hours at a time, and then at a prearranged time, not just straight after a feed.

babies are for life, not just for Christmas.

(but it's like Christmas here: zoomed up to Kmart this morning and found what I could, which was less than I expected, in the way of basic toys, like blocks and an activity table. also noted several generic-brand versions of things I've paid more for in more attractive toyshops. dunno if A. needs more toys, but I was sure bored with what he had. )

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]