Monday, April 19, 2004

 
some recent press articles have got me thinking again how lucky I am. the whole "when to have babies" debate is running hot. and I remember being 31, having just broken up with a man I was really serious about and deciding I couldn't risk another stuffed-up relationship. that I wanted kids and I'd better, well, find someone worth marrying. now, at 31 many women think they have AGES. but it was a month before my 32nd birthday. I met dh only a few weeks later (via an online dating site), got engaged a year later, married a year after that, and started ttc a year after that. that lot took me up to 35. at 36 we were into the serious investigations and I was pregnant by my 37th birthday. now if I only wait until A. is 18 months and I'm lucky again, I'll be 3 months short of my 40th birthday when I have my second child. it's not a lot of margin, is it? and that's with what I'd consider as much haste as is reasonable in a new relationship. my point? it's later than you think? and that, heartbroken as I was at 31, I think the smartest thing I ever did was to log on, post a profile and start auditioning for A's dad that minute


tonight dh is going to sleep in with me and try to settle A. if he wakes up between feeds. wish us luck.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]