Tuesday, May 04, 2004

 
he must be teething. nonstop crying except when I picked him up and took him outside to see the trees - he loves to rip off leaves and chew on them like a little koala.

eventually I gave him his first dose of Panadol and miraculously got some sleep myself.

then by dint of dropping more stuff where it lay I got 30 minutes to write up my first (and easiest) of these four short profiles I've promised work. I like writing. I like consolidating a rambling conversation into a mini-narrative, under the contstraints of a limited word count and a brief to angle the piece a certain way. I think I'd forgotten how much I like it.

I don't really enjoy, though, the chatting-up, the trying to find stuff to say when the brief is pointless or the story boring. and there's too much of that in my line of work. and I certainly find it hard finding the time. writing, of all things, (and maybe mathematics) needs a clear mind and time to create and follow a thread.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]