Sunday, May 23, 2004

 
warning: sleep whinge ahead.
between 9.30 last night and 6.30 this morning I was woken SIX times. two feeds, three sooks and a dog-next-door. I then slept again until 8, so that's seven wakeups if you count that one.

then sent dh out with the baby for a couple of hours so I could get an afternoon nap. this was necessary. this morning I tried to write the word "of" and came out with "fo". that is how disjointed my brain is. shortly afterwards I confessed to orchestrating the wmd program...

so dh was very tired and not up for a visit to Friends' New Baby, and I ended up going for a sleepy bike ride while he napped with A. now it's 5pm, the house is a bombsite, the baby grumpy from lack of good naps himself, and nothing has been achieved in a whole Sunday. I keep saying this, but it's true. this can't go on.

annoying article in the weekend papers about baby sleep wars, advocating that parents do controlled crying, bore the baby to sleep, etc etc. WE'RE DOING ALL THAT ALREADY!!

in fact we're doing everything right, technically. but he still wakes up 2-3 times apart from feeds. I think I may have to forget about my tattered purity (read the odd Valerian and lots of wine) and take up caffeine again. it's the only way I can have any life while this goes on. and on. and on.

(you were warned!)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]