Friday, June 04, 2004

 
can I blame exhaustion for the fact I've just bought a black check stroller with orange trim? you know when things are so awful they *might* be cool? I suspect this object falls a micrometer short. but I've bought it, solely for schlepping through aiports and using while the super-pram is in transit.

current tiredness index is up in the "burst into tears" range. I think I'm still suffering the aftereffects of the weekend. and yes, it's Friday. dh is off to HK again on Sunday night and I'm seriously concerned at how I'll get through another week of this alone. it was stupid to even drive to the baby-stuff shop in this condition, let alone make important purchase/decorating decisions.

still no decision on The Apartment. dh will check them out when he's there. I still think the funky place should be scratched in favour of the big complex with a pool and a higher chance of other expat mums. yes, even if it adds a train or tram leg to his morning commute. is it fair that I am - we are - taking A away from all his baby friends just as he's getting sociable at seven months? away from him grandma? and in my current state, will I really be able to cope alone 11 hours a day in a big, Asian city? no, no and no. pathetic and unadventurous (sp?) as it is, we need to reproduce at least some of our comfy Western environment over there, just to get by. in principle I am brave. in practice, I have to survive. ah well, tomorrow is another day.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]