Tuesday, June 29, 2004

 
the dilemma of being in Hong Kong with a baby is that it's better to stay at home and cook rather than eat lots of expensive, unhealthy and unsatisfying takeaway (dining out being a difficult option) - but to cook, I need to trek to where the food markets are. and for today, I think getting across the road to the Times Square supermarket, where everything is from somewhere else (Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Holland) and priced accordingly, is enough of an achievement.

there'll be a lot of that during this stay - spending money just for convenience. somehow it seems wrong, more wrong than spending money for outright enjoyment. but that's what dh's allowance is for and I think we'll spend that and more.

the list of stuff to get is growing, but I sure ain't going out for a cot or anything else difficult today.

now all I have to do is deal with the weirdness of sitting here waiting for the maid, wondering if I should be tidying up before she arrives, knowing that if I do I'm locking myself into six months of neuroses, but also that I was brought up to put on tidy appearances for strangers, despite both me and my own mother being naturally semi-messy - piles of stuff, but organised piles.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]