Tuesday, June 01, 2004

 
having wasted an hour of precious quiet time WORKING and another minute entering incorrect passwords to blogger, here I am at last.

the working bee weekend was utterly exhausting. it was good to actually do some things myself, even if A. sooked all the time I wasn't actually holding him. he's getting really attached to me, and it was strangely annoying when he fell silent each time I picked him up. he loves me, needs me, and it's mutual, but I can cope with being more than 50 cm away from him.

I'm spending a lot of time working out how to get stuff to Hong Kong and what the rules are on taking car seats in the plane. it's lucky we have a seat for him - apart from the safety issues, it gives us another 20kg of hold storage. so we'll be arriving at the airport with:
60kg of luggage in 3-4 bags
a stroller
a car seat
three pieces of carryon (dh will have electronics, I'll have my bag with flight supplies, and there's A's nappy bag too...)
and an 8kg baby.

you wouldn't want to get stuck behind us at checkin, would you? on top of that I suspect we'll need to send some unaccompanied baggage, which means an extra airport trip at both ends. I know some people do these moves and make it look easy, but I'm not that person. it's just lucky I'm not working (apart from babyness of course.) I wonder what would have happened if we'd not had a baby and this trip came up? would I have dumped my job? more importantly, would I have dumped IVF treatment for six months? we're back a couple of months after A's first birthday, so I guess we'll be back to the dr then.

still wondering and a bit anxious, in my tired state, what it will be like living in a small, if funky, HK apartment after this big house with its big backyard and the underpopulated suburban streets to walk down. I like HK. but is it what I need in my dazed, cocooning state?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]