Friday, June 18, 2004

 
I'm getting into an argument on a bulletin board about controlled crying. someone put up a post about sleep schools and someone else has come in with the "it hurts the baby" line, with links to medical opinion and articles to back herself up.

much as I hate the idea of letting him howl if he's distressed, as opposed to just protesting, I hate even more the idea of contracting depression or one day cracking and hurting him (no, that won't happen).

"Personally, we are not keen on our babies going to sleep to someone else's canned voice. Why not use the real parent?" says Dr Sears.

WHY NOT? because the REAL PARENT is HUMAN AND NEEDS SLEEP TOO!!!

guilt, guilt, guilt. I've had enough with being made to feel that if I don't sacrifice my very life so the baby doesn't feel "insecure", I am an evil witch. are these people going to come to my house and mind the baby for 8 hours? thought not.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]