Tuesday, June 29, 2004

 
shouldn't blog too long as the baby's asleep - in the other room - and I have unpacking to do.

new apartment has happened - moving across the harbour last night felt as exhausting as the flight itself, what with jetlag etc. two hours does make a difference, I've decided, and it's not like I was dewy fresh to start with. in 8 days we have to move again to another apartment with two bedrooms, same building, but I'm going to ignore that and set up properly here. A. is still in with us so I can't unpack clothes yet. am already worried what the maid will think of our stuff strewn across every available surface.

looking forward to taking A out this morning to get supplies. I can see myself getting seriously addicted to the attention he gets on the street here. if I have to be "just" a mother for six months, at least it's in a place where motherhood seems to be valued highly - if people adore my baby, my role in caring for him is important, right?

not ready yet to start schmoozing other mums in the building. apparently there are two babies around his age - seven months and a year - and a woman due to have a baby next month. it's a good start.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]