Sunday, June 13, 2004

 
sometimes I wonder if I could become (or have become) a ttc bore. I am now more than willing to discuss anyone's fertility problems and I read out annoying sentences about IVF to my husband while going "tsk", as in the article in yesterday's weekend magazine that gratuitously blamed IVF for women being caught between their aged parents and young children. like noone has kids over 30 without IVF, and IVF is never used by younger women! see what I mean?

this morning on my Sunday bike ride I passed one of those men with the kids in strollers. I heard the child say "is Mummy awake yet" and I had to stop and say to him that he wasn't the only one, the bike path is full of men walking babies while Mummy has a sleep in. then I noted his haggard pallor and the coffee flask (well I guess it was coffee). I'm not the only one doing it hard.

but is there hope? last night I woke him at 9.30 for a feed, trying to reproduce the conditions of that magical night last week. and it worked! he then slept until 3.30, fed and slept again until half six. oh God please let it work tonight, if you do I may even start to believe in You.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]