Wednesday, July 07, 2004

 
as the American women in the building aren't shaping up as well as I'd hoped - the pregnant one is OK, but I don't feel we have that much to talk about, and the mother of the 7 month old is too busy to keep a date with me and I expect will continue to be fairly unreliable - I'm working on Project Playgroup.

stayed up too late last night hanging around bulletin boards and searching expat associations for playgroups. now I have a couple of leads - the American and Australian groups have monthly meetings, there's a library with toy library in Causeway Bay, and a couple of women who live round here are in preliminary message contact. I can't wait for my "friend" from elbourne to arrive in late July, even though we've only met once. it beats going to baby depts of big stores in order to get some human contact. how sad is that?

still not sure about going home in August - now dh's parents are visiting the very weekend I was going to be home, which means I'd have to move the trip AND move A's medical appointments.

the babysitter service Rent-a-mum has been disappointing. Saturday's sitter was nice, but off o/s for six weeks now, and the woman coming this afternoon tried to change to 2-6, which would suck for several reasons (my nap, her leaving too early etc) so I cancelled altogether.

time for mininap #2 of the day...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]