Sunday, July 18, 2004

 
I was going to add this at the end of the last post, but it deserves its own dateline: even though he is still screaming mightily at bedtime and sometimes around 10pm, for TWO NIGHTS he has slept from 10.45 (after a feed) to 7.45. that's eight hours. I do wake in that time, but I always have. I'll need a straight week of this to really believe it. but it seems that after all the controlled crying, patting, routines etc, what finally worked was the cruel, horrid reality that no one was going to come and pander to him five times a night any more.

please let it be real. it'll only take six months of "sleeping through" for eight hours and numerous early morning/afternoon catchup naps for me to get back to normal - if you ever really do with kids. but already I feel less psychotic.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]