Monday, July 26, 2004

 
I'm wondering if what we're doing is really right.

at least every second night he's sleeping through 11-6 am. the other nights he wakes and sooks at least once, sometimes twice. but instead of happily settling down, he's crying for 15 minutes and upwards every night now, and having more trouble settling during the day. I thought it would only be a few days of letting him cry. I don't want to spend months ignoring his misery. it's not right.

making it more difficult is the fact he's started moving around in the cot - lying on his face, sitting up - yesterday afternoon he either sat or stood and fell. the cry was so different I was straight in there, and such "inconsistencies" are unavoidable.

the quality of my sleep deprivation is changing; I am getting some decent four and six hour stretches and on the good nights I only wake up when I would anyway, for the toilet and so on - but as I can't get to sleep until after the rollover, the total hours have actually declined.

his cot movements are quite funny in a way. he reminds me most of the Aibo when it's knocked over. the little arms shoot out and find purchase on the mattress, he pushes up and twists and twists until he gets a hip on the ground, then he sits up and looks around like a gopher.

(And looking at that random Aibo site linked above, I find this: "Like any living being, AIBO learns how to get what it wants. Occasionally, AIBO will wave its legs around vigorously or show signs of anger if it does not receive the kind of attention it requests from you.")

My baby is a robot!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]