Wednesday, July 14, 2004

 
today I recognised myself. at the American mothers' group there was a woman with twin 9-month-olds. I asked if they had a schedule and she said "they have a very strict schedule. they have to. if they don't sleep at the same time..." it was something about the way she said "they have to". strained, definite. not need to. have to. so she could manage. I salute her for making it to the mothers' group with a crying baby in the back of the car. I suspect she was as sleep-deprived as I am, and twice as busy. didn't get to talk much, gave her my number, but I expect she won't call - too busy and lives in another part of HK.

A. celebrated his first baby group in 3 weeks by sooking like mad all the time and going to full-on crying just before we left. he didn't make the cute impression he normally does. oh well. no more of those for me anyway. the roi just isn't high enough on an 11 am meeting a 1/2 hour cab ride away. next stop: the hospital playgroup tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]