Sunday, August 15, 2004

 
getupgrrl has broached something I felt like saying about her situation: the question of how much pregnancy matters. she defers to the leery polyp's elegic post on the topic from the never-been-to-term side of the fence.

I have to admit, I'd been thinking that I wish she knew how little pregnancy matters. yes, it was amazing, and kind of fun, and had many interesting compensations for the difficulties. but compared to the baby, to being a mother - which I do believe she will achieve - it isn't much at all. I wouldn't dare say don't worry about it - just that parenting is in fact as good as you think it will be, that it is worth whatever you have to do for it, even giving up pregnancy.

there will be regrets and grief for pregnancy. but the baby is the prize that means, as Will Self wrote, that you can't wish your life had been otherwise or you might not have that child, that moment. I kind of wish I'd got onto baby-having earlier (despite good reasons why I didn't.) but that would have meant I wouldn't have A, and he's what I want, all I want.

(meanwhile, my baby boy is crying and his daddy is minding him because mummy has Had Enough and it's Sunday.)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]