Wednesday, September 15, 2004

 
the food thing: (warning - whinge)

as he gets older I'm finding it harder to make him the food he needs. boiled-up zucchini and apple mixes can only go so far.

at home we have a juicer, a blender, a grinder etc. here, we have two pots, a frypan, a microwave bowl and no oven. the local food is often suspect, and the kitchen is outside A's bedroom door. it has no windows - it's basically a hallway. nice though these apartments are, small and dark is small and dark.

he can't have: milk, eggs, cheese, nuts or fish yet. the local supermarkets lack a lot of ingredients I'm used to, or those that appear in Western-style recipes.

between these various factors, I'm really having trouble making him decent food. I'm afraid to try the fish and cheese things as we don't have a local doctor yet and allergic reactions terrify me (my brothers both have serious allergies.)

oops, he's awake. off to the supermarket

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]