Sunday, September 19, 2004

 
the inlaws have done it again - announced a visit at a time when I was not planning to be here. this time it's Christmas - dh is leaving on the 23rd,and told them that. but I was going to leave earlier, and havev been thinking of up to 10 days earlier. now they've told him they're coming from the 16th-22nd. dh says it doesn't matter if I leave just before they get here. but I will feel bad. and I know what MIL will think, even if she wouldn't say it. DAMN!!!

so I'm still not enjoying being here. there are good things I can do, and I'll make to to the end of the year. changing my November flights would be difficult and cost more ff points and might not work for our housesitter (unless I just kicked him out altogether from then). but after Christmas, I'll be effectively moved home. might come over for two week or so mid February for Chinese New Year and so A. doesn't forget who his Dad is, but the older he gets, the harder this confinement will be. I'd like to just go home now, but it doesn't work that way. my parents will visit soon, I'll find some more distractions, come home early for Christmas, and it will be OK. lots of issues around being home "alone" next year, but A. may even be ready for a day a week of childcare and as it is here, dh is out of the house at least 12 hours a day M-F, so it will be much the same. who knows if our relationship will survive it, but as it is I'm feeling lonely and a bit exploited (he does try), so that's not exactly romantic fairy dust either....

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]