Thursday, September 16, 2004

 
I've realised what his latest "wave" reminds me of: the Chinese lucky cat, the one with one fist in the air, waving.





other new tricks: standing for up to 20 seconds at a time (and sitting down properly), and letting go of objects. this is a big deal in developmental terms. plus he thinks it's hilarious to drop a block even a few inches.

(Damn! stupid "mail delivery" where they shove the mail under the door, and walk away chatting, keys clattering despite the dnd sign has woken A - as it often does me. this afternoon I'm going to ask them to drop it off the following day instead of doing that.)


talking to some other expats has made me realise that it's hard for everyone. that being in a strange place is very unsettling. that it doesn't necessarily mean I should run home. I dunno what to do, stay or go or what. otoh, we are going out on a corporate "junk" (gives new meaning to the word "junket" next weekend), and I may get to stay at a friend's place on an outlying island in a couple of weeks. I'll need it - dh has a friend coming to stay for five nights next week. He planned 8 but it clashes with the parental visit immediately after, during which FIL will also be here for two nights. I'm terrified of losing out on too many naps and sleepins. really hoping we can get another apt here for the parents, and the "guest" will just have to suffer an afternoon lockout while I sleep.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]