Tuesday, October 26, 2004

 
home. the flight was foul. not a moment's sleep. not a wink. so much for business class. A. got some sleep - most of it on my lap, pressing down on my bladder.

the being-home is paying off already, in the form of casually running into mothers' group friends. it's things like that that are why I want to be here, not there. and I picked up the news that another baby in the group is an IVF baby. I hadn't advertised A's status, but it came up during the chat, so next time I see that baby's mother we'll have something to talk about.

while I'm here I want to bring some order to the place. being away gives you a fresh eye, and being in a nice new serviced apartment has made me realise this place isn't as clean as it could be. so I'm working on that, and in my free moments I'm going to gradually work through the house, room by room, starting with turning A's room into a proper baby room, not a repository for our junk. I hope dh's parents will help me move the cot out of our bedroom into A's room tomorrow. having him in with me just doesn't work.

home, home, home!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]