Wednesday, October 27, 2004

 
So my cousin, who did IVF and whose chances I rated low (poor responder, a year older than me, overweight) is now a mother. She delivered a boy this afternoon - my parents called me. I am so pleased for her. Apparently she had some surgery after natural delivery, so I'm hoping she'll still be in town when I go up there on the weekend. I can't go before Saturday because of car issues and she lives a fair way from where my parents live and where she had the baby.

While I'm always aware of the women who have yet to have success, I keep coming back to this: IVF technology has been the best thing ever to happen to me, and every single baby born through it is certainly badly wanted. someone should get a medal.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]