Wednesday, November 10, 2004

 
oh great. as if it wasn't bad enough finding out what a hysterosalpingogramthingy (huh?) was, now I have to learn words like lymphadenopathy mean.

the ultrasound came back with a cheerful note suggesting it is most likely cancer with one or two nodes, being 3x2x1 cm approximately. and I have an 8am appt with the head of the breast cancer clinic. felt a bit sooky when one friend declined to come, but have got a friend who's a doctor AND a lawyer AND a total sweetie to come and listen and baby-wrangle.

at the very least this is going to mean insertion of large nasty needles into my delicate breastfeeding breast for a biopsy. it's very likely there will be immediate whipping-out action on a large chunk of said breast. on the bright side, I may have to delay or cancel my return to Hong Kong. but there is no question of dying of cancer. I have a BABY to bring up, and another one to have next year.

did freak me out a bit when the gp gave me the "you got through IVF, this is your next challenge" pep talk, and when I realised I was being essentially handed over to the cancer clinic as a full-on case.

tonight it's a bath, a sleeping pill and prayers for a good sleep. I need some space. dh is abreast of developments (haha) and due back Friday morning. and we still have a birthday party to organise.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]