Tuesday, November 23, 2004

 
well, apart from having to wear revolting paper underwear, having to wait an hour in pre-op (luckily I insisted on bringing my book), and the quality (not) of the food, things are going as well as can be expected.

that is, there is still a chance Miss N (my surgeon, who has in fact been married 25 years tomorrow) got all the cancer out, and there is still a chance it's not in my lymph nodes. we find out tomorrow.

I have a nice view in a very quiet hospital, A., dh and my Dad were in to visit this morning and will come again this afternoon, my breast isn't as mauled as I thought it might be (just smaller and firmer, not misshapen) and hope springs eternal.

wrote out some affirmations yesterday while I was cooped up in this room waiting for surgery; they'll come online later.

maybe I need a new "books read" title: Books read while conquering cancer. which will go for the rest of my life, and be a very long list indeed.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]