Friday, April 15, 2005

 
as you can see, I'm not doing anything useful. I'm futzing around on the internet. reading both ttc and cancer blogs, like Cancer, Baby, who has pointed me to a book I didn't know of by Susan Sontag on the use of illness as metaphor. and yes, it really pisses me off when people say "it spreads like a cancer". after all, in the case of many cancers (and I hope mine), it should be "it flared up then fell in a big localised heap, was chopped out then never seen again like a cancer." I mean, here we are trying to be positive and we get this shit. it's like people telling someone ttc for the first time to give up and consider o/s adoption. it's just rude.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]