Thursday, March 02, 2006

 
I went back to a surrogacy discussion group that I've been off for a while, and posted a few facts about local law reform proposal. I noted, neutrally, that the proposal calls for at least one of the intended parents having a biological link to the child (ie, no egg donor plus sperm donor plus gs, or sperm donor plus traditional surrogate).

someone posted a reply "fair enough" and I was surprised and I guess disappointed that even in that zone of radical feminist practice (they wouldn't call themselves that, they come across as simply dedicated mums and good women wanting to help others), that biological link is so priveleged.

because the more I think about it, the more I think your parents are the ones who wanted you, who dreamed you into existence. and if that dreaming takes the form of organising three separate donors of time and physical effort, it's still a dream.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]