Friday, October 13, 2006

 
have just received a very polite rejection email from the editor of a UK anthology of stories. It's so polite compared to some of the offhand things I get that really, I shouldn't mock it. but I will anyway. because halfway through, it contains this phrase: "Sorry not to have better news."

honey, the last time anyone said that to me - and she said "sorry I don't have better news", those exact words - she was informing me that she'd like to remove my right breast and send me off for six months of vicious chemotherapy. oh, and of course it was much more likely than previously thought that I'd be dying soon.

now that is bad news.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]