Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 
ouch. the swimming of course set off a serious amount of wound leakage and a low-level infection. bandaids only seemed to make it worse, so I reverted to a foam dressing with a plastic layer to hold it on. this morning I took the foam off without having a bath first and discovered that doing that only rips a layer of skin off an already fragile area. ouch, ouch, ouch. so this afternoon I'm swimming without using my right arm at all (I had been making feeble paddling movements). but I'm swimming. it's 28 degrees outside and I'm practically a single mother at the moment - dh has work bigwigs in town - and far too much work/writing to do and I had a mammogram and ultrasound this morning and I NEED a swim.

the mammogram hurt. the u/s confirmed that I have active nodes in my armpit. they don't appear particularly unusual. but they don't appear not-active either.

three more weeks to A's third birthday and my second anniversary of diagnosis. I thought I might not make it this far. sometimes I wonder if it will turn out that I've been deluding myself. that this brief respite will be followed by a return of the nightmare.

scans will do that to you.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]